Sunday, October 28, 2012

make a wish and blow them out

For a few months I've been going crazy over Lush Lacquer's Birthday Cake. It was love at first sight.

It's so pretty and it reminds me of melted ice cream cake. It has an off white base with bits and pieces of  tiny glitter inside. Not too much glitter that it looks heavy , but just nice. Check out the reviews here and here

Being in Singapore, buying from Etsy is just too troublesome for me and I vowed to find a dupe, or try my hand at franken polish.

Until I found a pretty good dupe at Etude House!
Introducing Etude House Dear My Party Nails PBL 601 (only SGD $6.90 !)
The texture was alright and the base seems to be slightly lighter and perhaps more sheer than Birthday Cake. It dried quick and looked really pretty!
This is with only 1 coat
I left it at only 1 coat because I really liked how sheer it was and it really made the glitter seem more vibrant than Birthday Cake. However, I imagine it'd look alot more like Birthday Cake with a few more coats.

Definitely one of my favourite polish for a simple mani!




No comments:

Post a Comment